The winter holiday break is over, and with this short but busy week the Q4 earnings season begins in earnest. The floodgates of earnings releases are about to open up: nearly 500 companies prepare to announce their EPS and revenue results by the end of January. Who among them will top the Wall Street analyst consensus and whisper numbers? We are here to help you sort through the torrent of data. All of our AI’s latest earnings forecasts are available on our site.
Our models’ overall outlook remains positive for Q4 results, but not quite as ebullient as in the preceding quarter. In the group of most important companies below it is the Finance names such as Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley that stand out to our AI as particularly likely to beat the analyst consensus – although not necessarily the whisper number:
- Netflix (NFLX): $0.89 Proximilar AI forecast vs. $0.83 Wall St analyst estimate consensus vs. $0.87 earnings whisper
- Unitedhealth (UNH): $4.50 Proximilar forecast vs. $4.30 consensus EPS estimate vs. $4.44 EPS whisper
- Morgan Stanley (MS): $2.18 our estimate vs. $1.94 consensus EPS vs. $2.19 whisper number
- Goldman Sachs (GS): $12.99 our estimate vs. $11.77 consensus EPS vs. $13.55 whisper number
- Bank of America (BAC): $0.84 Proximilar estimate vs. $0.77 consensus EPS estimate
- Procter & Gamble (PG): $1.72 our estimate vs. $1.65 consensus EPS estimate
- Schwab Charles (SCHW): $0.91 our estimate vs. $0.88 consensus EPS
- Union Pacific (UNP): $2.66 our estimate vs. $2.60 consensus EPS
- American Airlines (AAL): -$1.38 our estimate vs. -$1.46 consensus estimate
- Alcoa (AA): $2.24 our estimate vs. $1.99 consensus estimate
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG): $1.37 our estimate vs. $1.28 consensus estimate
- Pnc Financial Services (PNC): $3.58 our estimate vs. $3.29 consensus
- US Bancorp (USB): $1.17 our estimate vs. $1.10 consensus
- Truist Financial (TFC): $1.32 our estimate vs. $1.22 consensus
- CSX Corp (CSX): $0.43 our estimate vs. $0.41 consensus
Looking ahead to next week
It might be early to focus on tech giants like Apple (AAPL), Amazon (AMZN) and Tesla (TSLA), since their highly anticipated announcements are over a week away. (Whisper sites certainly think so, as neither Amazon’s nor Tesla’s whisper numbers are available as of this writing.) Although our models may adjust their forecasts in the meantime, as things stand right now, our AI projects an EPS surprise of roughly $0.08 for AAPL.
Things look pretty good for Amazon and Tesla, too. Specifically, we expect AMZN earnings to come in at $4.47 (a forecasted surprise of about $0.74). For Tesla, Proximilar AI anticipates EPS $2.55 ($0.31 above expectations) and an over $1 billion outperformance on revenues.
We can only cover a small sliver of the upcoming earnings releases in this brief post. For the full picture, incuding EPS estimates, revenue forecasts, stocks’ reactions to announcements, and much more, click the button above and get all of Proximilar’s forecasts delivered to your mailbox in seconds.