After the torrent of earnings news we saw in the last week of July this may be hard to believe, but there will be even more earnings releases coming this week. By our count, over 900 companies plan to announce their results by Friday. Healthcare and tech will be front and center with 227 and 181 press releases, respectively. Let’s see what our AI thinks about this week’s most highly anticipated announcements.
Expect positive surprises
Our AI estimates the following quarterly EPS results:
- Roku (ROKU): $0.28 Proximilar AI forecast vs. $0.12 average analyst estimate
- Uber Technologies (UBER): -$0.53 our AI forecast vs. -$0.52 analyst consensus
- Activision Blizzard (ATVI): $0.84 ours vs. $0.76 consensus estimate
- NXP Semi (NXPI): $2.48 ours vs. $2.31 consensus
- Solaredge (SEDG): $1.15 ours vs. $1.14 consensus
- Fidelity National (FIS): $1.61 ours vs. $1.56 consensus
- Eli Lilly (LLY): $1.96 ours vs. $1.89 consensus
- Amgen (AMGN): $4.25 ours vs. $4.09 consensus
- CVS Health (CVS): $2.27 ours vs. $2.07 consensus
- Zoetis (ZTS): $1.22 ours vs. $1.09 consensus
- Booking Holdings (BKNG): -$1.09 ours vs. -$1.97 consensus
- General Motors (GM): $2.20 ours vs. $1.82 consensus
- Under Armour (UAA): $0.11 ours vs. $0.06 consensus
As you can see, with the exception of Uber, our models expect these companies to outperform consensus estimates. (One big reason for that is the fact that analyst consensus is almost always lower than the market’s true expectation.)
General Motors’ potential for an upside surprise is particularly great because the Street seems to underestimate both its earnings and revenues. Get our forecasts for all of the details.
Next week’s action
For the week of August 9, the biggest names looming on the horizon are Walt Disney (DIS) and eBay (EBAY). We expect these companies to beat their EPS estimates, by 16 cents and 7 cents, respectively. Sysco (SYY) is a stock to watch as our AI projects that the company will likely beat on earnings, but may well disappoint on revenues.